A technique which does not require force or the manipulation of bones
The NIROMATHÉ® method is a neuro-cutaneous therapy based on manual tissue manipulation.
It is a painless process, developed in 1997, by bringing together the expertise of physiotherapist and osteopath, Thierry Vandorme, and doctor, homeopath and acupuncturist, Raymond Branly.
It is an innovative treatment which combines soft tissue massage techniques from reflexology with elements of acupuncture from Chinese medicine.
It involves a very light touch to the skin which superficially stimulates skin reflex zones throughout the whole body, eliminating blockages and spasms by unblocking soft tissue.
What can the NIROMATHÉ® method treat?
It can treat disorders caused by persistent "spasms" within the tendons, ligaments and fascias (which can cause visceral and osteoarticular congestions). These "spasms" cause the joints to become blocked when we move and breathe. Tension and inflammation often results from this localised congestion.
The NIROMATHÉ® method can help with:
- Lumbago, torticollis
- Neuralgia (cervicobrachial, intercostal, abdominal, sacral, crural, sciatica)
- Different types of headache, vertigo and dizziness
- Muscle spasms caused by chronic arthritis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Functional gastrointestinal disorders
- Chronic pelvic pain caused by endometriosis and fibromyalgia
- Infant colic, constipation, sleep disorders, incessant crying, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
The NIROMATHÉ® method can:
- Release tension
- Relieve anxiety and stress
- Improve quality of life at work
- Aid fertility and treat endometriosis
- Contribute to the reproductive health of teenagers, pregnant women and new mums
- Improve the quality of life of babes, children and teens
- Complement oncology care
- Aid muscle recovery for sportsmen
- Help maintain mobility in the elderly
In short, this technique can be practised on individuals of all ages, from newborn babies to the elderly.
- It restores balance within the body by decongesting tissues.
- It reduces inflammation by encouraging deep relaxation.
In short, the NIROMATHÉ® method will help you to feel more comfortable in your own body.
How does a session work?
Before the session, an assessment is made to evaluate your needs.
A session lasts 30 to 45 minutes. You will remain fully clothed and you may be seated or remain standing for the treatment, depending on your needs.
After the session, you are advised to:
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid massaging and rubbing the skin
- Avoid sport and physical exertion for at least 48 hours, in order to give the body time to rebalance itself
What results can I expect?
The results can be significant, even during the session. You may feel an improvement in your wellbeing after just 15 minutes.
For acute inflammation: - 8 days: 1 to 3 sessions are recommended
For chronic inflammation: more than 8 days: 3 to 5 sessions are recommended
- Fractures, cuts
- Infections except chronic ones (such as ear infections or sinusitis)
- Metabolic disorders or diseases (gout or phlebitis...)
The Niromathé method can be practised in conjunction with conventional medicine.